Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Geek Love.

Two of my favorite "nerdy" things, as of late:

Ludo
Ludo is a band that could be classified as a little weird. Their music video for "Love Me Dead" is something straight out of a messed up musical, and most of their music references weird subjects such as zombies, pterodactyls, and the apocalypse. They have even been known to have themed concerts for specific holidays.  But underneath all of the weird theatrics is a very talented band that is so hard to ignore. I saw them at Harper's Ferry in Boston with This Providence, Sing It Loud, and The Morning Light, and what I found out was that this band has such a large following of dedicated fans. There was so much audience participation and I have not seen a crowd so involved in a show since the City and Colour show at the Middle East last month. Frontman Andrew Volpe is a ridiculous vocalist, in more ways than one. He is such a talented vocalist, but he is also a very talented entertainer. He commands the stage with this very intriguing presence and if it weren't for him or the band's energy, I would probably find their music very, very weird. Well, it's still weird, but it's so original and fun, that it's easy to just appreciate the weird.
myspace
The Big Bang Theory (CBS Mondays at 8 PM EST)
I got into this show so late, and I hate myself for it. It's on right before one of my favorite shows, How I Met Your Mother, yet I have never watched it. It focuses on two very intelligent physicists, Leonard and Sheldon, their "nerdy" friends, and the new neighbor across the hall, Penny. Basically Leonard has a thing for Penny, Rajesh can't talk to attractive women unless he's drunk, Howard is kind of a nerdy man whore, and Sheldon is just really annoying. But overall this show is one of the funniest I have seen in awhile, and I really just wish that I had gotten into it sooner. Fortunately, it is only on the second season so catching up is not impossible. I suggest you watch it if you haven't already, and watch HIMYM while you're at it.

No comments: