Saturday, February 28, 2009

Have Love Will Travel

I spend a lot of time traveling, whether it's by bus (Boston to NYC for weekends) or by plane (Boston to Syracuse, but
probably with some layovers thrown in). I know South Station and Logan Airport very well, along with JFK and Dulles.
Actually, I probably know Dulles more than most people after spending almost 24 hours there during the most awful traveling
experience of my life, but that doesn't matter. I also know what airports have the best food, wi-fi and bookstores. I know what
terminals have the good food (McDonalds, Legal and Jamba!), and I tend to choose my airlines by what their terminals offer to
me. Basically, I'm an expert when it comes to traveling, except for the fact that it is still hard for me to handle my travel anxiety.
But putting all of this aside, the one thing that I love most about airports and traveling is seeing all of the destinations on the
departure board. Cairo, Brussels, Paris, London, Alaska, Stockholm, South Africa, etc. etc. etc. I always wonder about the people
going to these places and why they are going. This intrigues me but it also makes me think...
I feel so old! Less like 19 and more like 35. I know that I am so young, but when I see all of these places, I think about how
I may never see any of them and it scares me. I've seen and done so much, and I know I have so much hope for the future, but at
the same time, I feel like I will never get a chance. I would kill to go travel around Europe or Asia or even wander off to Alaska.
I've always been obsessed with the Travel Channel and Samantha Brown's job and life, and I would kill to see half of the places
that she has seen. There are so many places to see and not so much time to do any of it.
But maybe one day, I will board a plane to one of those places. Maybe many of those places.
My life is subject to change, and hopefully it's for the better.
But I swear, if I don't see Copenhagen before I die, I will be so upset.

No comments: